Combinations of drugs
Mar 28, 2013
Is there a drug or drug therapy that combines nukes/non-nukes with Protease Inhibitors AND Integrase inhibitors. It seems that the current and newer combinations (whether it be in an individual pill or multiple pills) only use either Protease OR Integrase. Would not both be more effective? thanks!
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
In the past, studies looked at the question as to whether additional classes or medications (ie., 4 or 5 meds) would be more effective than 3- with the conclusion that there was no additional effectiveness and increased toxicity.
I hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- In A Cbc Count What Tells You If You Have An Std
- Can Having The Flu Interfere With The Hiv Test Results?
- Do They Test For Hiv In Routine Blood Tests?
- Hand Contact Of Semen And HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.