Mar 27, 2013
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
The meningitis vaccine is recommended for certain populations of people, including men who have sex with men (regardless of HIV status) who live in the New York City area and have had intimate contact with another man met through online apps or at bars/restaurants since September 2012 (because of a recent outbreak of bacterial meningitis).
There's no problem in taking the vaccine if your HIV+.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Open Wound Worried I Have HIV
- Antibiotics Used To Treat Gonorrhea And Chlamydia
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.