HIV Med Change

I am currently on a successful regiment, Viread, Intelence, and combivir. I am tired of all the pills, 5 a day. I want to take one of the "all in one" meds. Should I switch and if so, Stribild or Complera? I cannot take Altripla.

Hello and thanks for posting.

From the looks of your regimen, you someone who has significant previous HIV drug resistance.

It would be difficult without more detailed information about the type of resistance pattern that your virus has to know if the Stribild regimen would work for you, but since your virus is likely resistant to the NNRTI efavirenz (part of Atripla), it's unlikely that the NNRTI-containing Complera will be an option.

I'd speak to your care provider about your questions and perhaps more importantly, the pill taking fatigue that you're experiencing- and specifically, is the issue the number of pills or the number of doses of pills.

Be well, BY

Quad Pill
malaria