Quad Pill

Hello Dr. Young,

My doctor has switched me to the quad from Complera, which I've been on for almost 8 months. The numbers are pretty good so far, i.e. CD4 640 and non-detectable VL, and no serious side effects. However, I do have a slightly bitter taste and nauseous in my mouth constantly, so he thought the quad might help with that. Does this switch sound reasonable to you? Also, he said I should take it with food, although I've read that food is not required. Could you clarify if food is needed and if yes, how much? Thank you.

Hello and thanks for posting.

It is recommended to take Complera with food. The Complera website has some simple suggestions about how much/type of food to eat with the pill.

Hope that helps, BY

I missed my ARVS
HIV Med Change