Possible Missed Dose and Dectable Viral Load

Back on January 17th I got my second set of lab results that said I had a viral load of 69. The previous was undectable. I am on Reyataz, Truvada, and Norvir. I also take Effexor XR daily. I don't know if these interact at all. My doctor told me I was fine. Anyhow.... A week ago I couldn't remember if I took my medicine or not. For about 8 months I had never missed a dose once, and am so unsure if I took it that night or not. Now I am worried that with my dectable viral load, and a possible missed dose that I may gain resistance. Is that likely? Also since this is my first regimen, if I did gain a resistance would I still have plenty of well tolerated options to get undectable? I don't get another blood test for a month and am rather concerned.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I wouldn't be concerned about a viral load test of 69. More often than not, it's a lab error and when not, it's because of trivial activation of the immune system, such as from a cold sore or sinus infection.

So don't worry. Indeed, even if I was wrong, there are many, many additional medications that you could take that are well tolerated.

So, just focus on maintaining your adherence, make sure to get that follow up test in a month (it'll reassure you).

Be well, BY

HIV treatment and spirulina
I missed my ARVS