Truvada to Kivexa

Hi Dr. Young, thank you for your respopnse to my previous question. I am not sure if a genetic test called HLA B5701 is available here in Thailand. However, I have in the past for many years taken Kivexa with no problem at all but switched to Truvada because of costs of Kivexa were very high here, but now the price has dropped. So the question, providing I never had problems in past with Kivexa - there is no reason I should have any allergic reaction/hypersensitivity now? Thanks again

Hello in Thailand,

This makes the decision even easier. If you took abacavir/lamivudine (Kivexa or Epzicom) in the past without issue, there's absolutely no reason why you should develop the allergic reaction now.

Ironically, abacavir and lamivudine are now available as generic medications here in the US and I'm beginning to field similar questions from our country.

Be well, BY

Valium+TNR
Is Kaletra and Combivir the correct PEP