The kidney

Dear sir,Please How are the kidneys monitored while taking truvada,what tests are needed to monitor the kidney. Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

In the most recent New York State Department of Health HIV Institute its recommended that people taking tenofovir (including Truvada, Atripla, Complera and Stribild) that "clinicians should estimate glomerular filtration rate at initiation of therapy, 1 month after initiation of therapy, and at least every 4 months thereafter".

Kidney monitoring tests include glomerular filtration rate estimated from serum creatinine, bood urea nitrogen, urinalysis, and for patients with diabetes and no known proteinuria: calculation of urine albumin-to-creatinine ratio to detect microalbuminuria.

I hope that's helpful, BY

Are my HIV drugs safe to crush?
I know crushing complera is ok. But is chewing it acceptable