Are my HIV drugs safe to crush?

Are the following drugs safe to crush or do they come in chewable or liquid form? I am going to have Gastric bypass 3/21/13 and have to have all medication in that form and they are working well and I would like to stay on them. Isentress 400 mg,norvir 100 mg, prezista 600mg,truvada 200mg-300mg

Hello and thanks for posting.

Though I'd check with your pharmacist, since none of the pills you've listed are coated (for delayed absorption), in principle, there's no reason why you couldn't crush the tablets.

It's possible, though complicated to convert your pills into a powder- or liquid regimen. Norvir is available in a (foul tasting) liquid; Isentress in a 100 mg chewable tablet; Prezista in an oral suspension; tenofovir (part of Truvada) in a powder, and emtricitabine (the other part of Truvada) in an oral solution.

Be well, BY

HEPATITIS
The kidney