positive with ms

I am a gay man, recently tested hiv positive. The problem is that I suffer from multiple sclerosis and I am on an immunosuppressive drug called "Gilenya". I am waiting for my cd4 test results. Do you think it would be possible to get on an HIV treatment, together with my current ms treatment? I do not know how these two will work together.. Thank you in advance.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear about your somewhat unusual dual diagnosis. I don't see any reason why you couldn't be on treatment for both MS and HIV.

While Gilenya is immunomodulating, it's targets are different that the targets of HIV (or HIV treatment). If anything, you'd want your immune system to be as normal as possible, both for prevention of HIV-related illness and for Gilenya to work best.

It will be important for all of your doctors to be communicating with each other, so that any appropriate monitoring for symptoms or side effects is done.

I hope that helps;stay in touch and let our readers know of our progress. BY

Is my second regimen not working also?
Donating a Hep C body for science