Late Dose on Complera
Mar 16, 2013
I've been on Complera for almost 6.5 months. I've always taken my dose between 7-11 pm (mostly around 10:30), but I fell asleep today and didn't take my dose until 3 AM. Would that be a problem (instructions say to take the dose if it's within 12 hrs)? My other question is the 7-11 pm window for the daily dose, is that OK? Oh, one more please: does it make any difference to take it right before or after a meal? Thank you, doctor.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
No problem- a few hours late on a single dose (or multiple doses for that mater) of a once-daily medication won't result in any problems.
I don't think that it matters much if you take your pill immediately before- or after your meal.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Sign Of HIV Infection
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.