Thank you

Thank you for the answer regarding the test kit. I'm in Indonesia, so it will take a while to get one here. In the meantime, I've got geographic tongue, chronic diarrhea with no cause found in stool sample, and a peripheral neuropathy reaction to Cipro and Augmentin. It doesn't sound like HIV symptoms, but I want to get checked; should I be worried? My son is also studying at your alma mater.

Hello and thanks for posting from Indonesia.

I wouldn't be worried if the only concern is geographic tongue and diarrhea. The former is common in the population and not associated with HIV; the later has thousands of causes (other than HIV).

Here in the US, HIV testing is now recommended as part of routine health care for most people aged 13-65. If you think you're at risk, this just provides another reason to get tested.

I'd bet that there are community organizations that can do the testing rapidly and for free.

Be well, go Buffs. BY

Constant Weight Loss, Night Sweats,swollen Lymph nodes & Low Body Teperature. Cancer Symptoms?
Side effects