Constant Weight Loss, Night Sweats,swollen Lymph nodes & Low Body Teperature. Cancer Symptoms?

Dear Doctor, I am a 40 year old male & was diagnosed with hiv in 2009 with atripla being my haart. Over the past year my cd4 count has been in the 400's and I am undetectable. However over the past year I have been loosing weight at a constant rate aprox 3 kg every 3 months with reacuuring night sweats. I was asked by my doctor to take my temprature every morning this week and it has been between 35.4 and 35.7 orally. also on my blood results I noticed that my cd4/cd8 ratio which should be between 1.0-5.0 is only 0.55. also my cd3/cd8 which should be between 15%-40% is at 50%. Is there somthing my doctor is Missing?should I be getting checked for Lymphoma or another type of Cancer??? I am worried to say the least! thanks & Regards

Hello and thanks for posting.

Persistent weight loss and night sweats (even if without fever) is concerning to me. The fact that your CD4 count is in the normal range is reassuring, but this is deserving of your doctor's attention.

In additional to cancers, I'd be looking at certain types of chronic infections, such as tuberculosis or heart valve infections (endocarditis).

Good luck, BY

side effects PEP
Thank you