Emergency HIV test, treatment

I fear I have been exposed to HIV. Should/Can I go to a local ER to be rapid-tested and treated in hope to stave any permanent infection as first responders, medical staff, rape victims, or the MS newborn do? I don't have a primary care physician.

Hello and thanks for posting.

If you think that you've been exposed to HIV, medications can be used to help reduce the risk of becoming infected. This post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) is very effective if started within 72 hours of exposure and if the medications are adhered to.

Most emergency departments in the US are trained in performing the needed assessments and can prescribe the medications.

I hope that helps, BY

22 years old HIV positive for 7 years no meds CD4 count 0. (Reader's comment welcomed)
Is it possible for me to feel this great after one dose?