American purchasing meds in Thailand?

Hi Dr Ben,

I am not sure if the individual wants to buy ART in Thailand when traveling, or online, as they reside in Europe, so will do my best to answer both!

Almost all of Thailand's Cities and larger Towns that have a large Public Hostpital have the vast selection of medications for HIV. Tho the majority dispensed are generics, manufactured in Thailand and or imported from India.

See my answer about generics here,

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Meds/Q217496.html

I am yet to find in Thailand or India a online outlet that will supply anyone ART medications, with or without a prescription.

Thou if you are in Thailand, any large Private and or Public Hostpital, in most centers, Chaing Mai, Chang Rai, Bangkok, Phuket, Nong Kai etc will have a on duty doctor that most likely will provide a prescription for use at the hospitals medication dispensing section, as long as you are able to provide the doctor with your current treatment (I suggest take your Med Bottles, Country of Origin Prescription, and your current labs), and state that you need 3 months of the same drug regime. (Costs described in the above link)

I am yet to meet a Doctor in Thailand, United Kingdom, or NYC that will provide Prescriptions longer than 3 months.

Following are Hostpital's, and Centre's in Bangkok and Thailand that can help.

http://www.redcross.or.th/old/english/service/medical_clinicaids.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Thailand

Hope this helps

Andrew (Thailand)

Thanks Andrew!

I knew I could count on you to provide a detailed, informed response.

Abrazos, BY

PRP method - any restrictions ?
22 years old HIV positive for 7 years no meds CD4 count 0. (Reader's comment welcomed)