Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

American purchasing meds in Thailand?
Mar 12, 2013

Hi Dr Ben,

I am not sure if the individual wants to buy ART in Thailand when traveling, or online, as they reside in Europe, so will do my best to answer both!

Almost all of Thailand's Cities and larger Towns that have a large Public Hostpital have the vast selection of medications for HIV. Tho the majority dispensed are generics, manufactured in Thailand and or imported from India.

See my answer about generics here,

http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Meds/Q217496.html

I am yet to find in Thailand or India a online outlet that will supply anyone ART medications, with or without a prescription.

Thou if you are in Thailand, any large Private and or Public Hostpital, in most centers, Chaing Mai, Chang Rai, Bangkok, Phuket, Nong Kai etc will have a on duty doctor that most likely will provide a prescription for use at the hospitals medication dispensing section, as long as you are able to provide the doctor with your current treatment (I suggest take your Med Bottles, Country of Origin Prescription, and your current labs), and state that you need 3 months of the same drug regime. (Costs described in the above link)

I am yet to meet a Doctor in Thailand, United Kingdom, or NYC that will provide Prescriptions longer than 3 months.

Following are Hostpital's, and Centre's in Bangkok and Thailand that can help.

http://www.redcross.or.th/old/english/service/medical_clinicaids.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hospitals_in_Thailand

Hope this helps

Andrew (Thailand)

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks Andrew!

I knew I could count on you to provide a detailed, informed response.

Abrazos, BY

Previous
PRP method - any restrictions ?
Next
22 years old HIV positive for 7 years no meds CD4 count 0. (Reader's comment welcomed)

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.