PRP method - any restrictions ?

Dear Mr.Young I am a former athlete. Due to a prolonged knee stress ( and maybe consequences of HIV status over 10 years ) both of my knees are âworn out â so to say. Ultrasound and X-rays has shown signs of mixed patellar tendonitis and knee arthritis , and a ruptured meniscus on one knee.

One of the very best resolving method for this/those kind(s) of sport injury is PRP â Plasma Rich Platelet method , which include injecting a concentrated source of autologous platelets containing several different growth factors and other cytokines that stimulate healing of bone and soft tissue in the injured knee.

The technologies of this process include centrifugal devices for extraction of the platelet cells , glass tubes etc., etc.

And a question is: does my HIV status represent a threat to other users of the centrifugal devices ( who would use the same device after me ) , or to put that in a different perspective- are there any legal and health contraindications for using this method for the HIV positive patients ?

Sincerely Alexander

Hello Alexander and thanks for posting.

Since the PRP method is utilizing your own blood products, I can see now reason why there would be any problems with this procedure in positives. Let us know how things go.

From one former athlete to another, BY

Storage of Truvada and Isentress(PEP question)
American purchasing meds in Thailand?