cellular therapy - BMTP

Hello Benjamin Young, MD, Phd,

I found out that Bone Marrow Transplantation with cellular therapy (infuse IL2...) could succesfully clear the virus form the body. Hopefully :) some pubmed article write about it. Us it is important for me I looked after exhaustively! But I'm just a hard-working tigged. Could you tell me somebody who can help me with it. Who is working in cell therapy - HIV - BMTP? It is also difficult that HIV is always like a "secret". If I found somebody who is working in this area I'm not sure if I can contact with him. So, it is also important to found that competent doctor who is also helpfull.

It is really difficult to finde somebody if I'm not a medical or a big medicine company. They don't want to speak to me.

How can I solve this problem? I also can pay for it maybe not that much like a big medicine company but maybe it is not that much work already us I read on pubmed...

Thank You! Livia

Hello Livia and thanks for posting.

There is a lot of talk these days about cure for HIV. Strategies include bone marrow transplantation with genetically modified stem cells (like the "Berlin patient"), activation of latently-infected cells with HDAC, or very early treatment (like the Mississippi child, reported this past week). None of these are ready for wide-spread implementation, and it could be a very long time before this happens. Nonetheless, what is clear is that the field is moving finally and there is a lot of hope for novel strategies to change the landscape of the future.

You need not be a big drug company or doctor to follow the story or even to be involved. Many US universities have community advisory boards, where community input is actively sought. I'd suggest following the feeds from TheBody.com or the Treatment Action Group.

Hope that helps, BY

Efavirenz and long-term Lorazepam use
HIV drug combinations