Pins and Needles after taking Eplivera

Hi, I have a CD4 of around 360 and the doctor tried me on Eplivera. Within 3 hours of taking it, I had pins and needles in both legs and penis and testicles that felt like they were going to explode. He thought maybe the vitamins and cranbury tablets, and selenium may be causing a reaction.. so I stopped them and took the drug again. Same response severe pains from my bottom down, nothing anywhere else. I don't smoke, or drink and have been poz for 7 years, never on Meds. I don't think they know what to do. They will try another med I think, but I don't want to feel that sort of pain and discomfort again. I could not sit still and the pain took 2 days and lots of painkillers to go away.

Any suggestions I can give to my doc?

Thanks

Jamie

Hello and thanks for posting.

Yikes, seems like a very unwanted side effect of your meds- though I can't say that I've heard of this before.

Let us know how the next round of medications go for you. BY

New Arv Interactions
Post PEP experience with PCR