Home Test Kits
Mar 10, 2013
How accurate are these kits?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
The OraQuick at-home HIV test is very accurate.
From the CDC: The OraQuick oral fluid test correctly identified 99.3% of people who were infected with HIV (sensitivity) and 99.8 % of people who were not infected with HIV (specificity).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Runny Nose A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can Steroids Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
- How Much Damage Does Chlamydia Cause At 6 Months?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.