Mar 2, 2013
Hello doctor, Any possibility dolutegravir could to be used as Monotherapy even though there's not available data yet?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
While the investigational integrase inhibitor dolutegravir has many positive attributes, there's no reason to think that this medication will work as monotherapy. Integrase inhibitors, generally speaking are similar to most other ARVs (except boosted PIs) in that only a couple of genetic mutations can confer high level drug resistance.
Having said that, like others, I'm anxiously awaiting the FDA approval of the medication sometime later this year.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Microgynon Cause Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.