|Lypidistrophy and complera
Mar 1, 2013
I know that Complera is a fairly new drug. However, How likely is it that I'll have lipodystrophy in the future.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
The medications in Complera are not associated with increased risk of developing body fat changes.
Be mindful that there are other risk factors for lipodystrophy- importantly one's lowest ever CD4 count is a major determinate, so waiting to start therapy actually increases the risk.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Is Peripheral Neuropathy Worse At Night?
- Will Hep B Always Show Up In A Blood Test?
- Currently It Is Estimated That The Longest Time Between Hiv Infection And Onset Of Symptoms Is About How Many Years
- Does Semen Transmit Hiv?
- Does The Er Test For Hiv During A Visit?
- What's The Difference Between The Hiv Virus And Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.