|cd4 and cd8 counts
Feb 28, 2013
hi, need to know, my friends has hiv and his cd4 and cd8 count is very low... what should be done to increase this count
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
The best thing that your friend can do is to take HIV (antiretroviral) medications. If he's not already taking them he should start. If he's already on them, then maximizing his adherence to medical appointments and pill taking is the next step.
Hope that helps, BY
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take To Find Out If You Have An Std?
- Pathophysiology Of Cervical Cancer
- Can You Have Molluscum Contagiosum And Not Have Growths?
- Chance Of False Negative Elisa
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.