PEP treatment + HIV test

Hi Professor Young, this is my second message, thank you very much for your first answer. I told you I took a risk about 18 days from today and that I immediately went to a hospital where they gave me a PEP treatment (Combid 300mg lamivudine zidovudine 2 times a day + Stocrin 600mg efavirenz once a day) since then I have my joints paining and I feel very tired, you told me it was normal side effects of the treatment. I went to see a Doctor here in Singapore and he made me do a blood test, for HIV, turned out negative today. the only thing is it was only 9/10 days after the exposure. the results were ready in a week or so. can you please tell me if I can rely on those results? he told me i have to do a second test after 1 month post-exposure. he also told me to continu the PEP treatment. thank you very much regards,

Quentin

Hi Quentin and thanks for posting.

After any HIV exposure, it's recommended to have HIV antibody testing at baseline, 1 and 3 months.

BY

Please help !!
Specialty pharmacies