Combivir + Duovir-N

my age is 32 years recently diagnosed with HIV and CD4 cell count is quite low 32. my doctor has put me on Combivir (after breakfast) and Duovir-N (after dinner). is the treatment for the stage that i am in if not please suggest a good doctor to treat HIV in INDIA.

Hello and thanks for posting.

With your CD4 count of 32, I'd fully agree that you need to be on HIV medications.

The regimen you're on is reasonable (though not commonly used here in the US)- Combivir (AZT+3TC) with Duovir-N (AZT+3TC + nevirapine) would be dosed appropriately as you've described for the first two weeks of treatment. During this time, nevirapine would only be dosed once daily.

However, after two weeks, the dose of nevirapine should be increased to twice daily and your regimen adjusted to Duovir-N twice daily (and Combivir discontinued).

I hope that helps, BY

Truvada and Stocrin
Please help !!