Feb 26, 2013
I missed my drug 30 minutes intervals then resume on normal 10 PM will that cause drug resistant ?
Response from Dr. Young
I get this question quite often- perhaps older medications that didn't work so well had a small margin for timing errors, but new generation medications don't.
You'll be fine. I tell my patients that the goal isn't to try to take the medicines by a stopwatch, rather to simply make sure that you don't miss a day's medications.
Be well, BY
Taking Atripla, Trizivir and Viread
- Is Fatigue A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Night Sweats Worried It Could Be HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
- How Long Do Hep C Symptoms Take To Occur?
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.