|Vacination for Meningitis
Feb 22, 2013
I got vaccinated today for meningitis, and my doctor only gave me one shot and said it last 5 yrs. My friends said they had to get 1 shot now and then another 2 months later. When I brought it up to him he said thats strange to get 2. Is he wrong? I'm hiv positive and undetectable
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
The usual dosing for meningitis vaccine is 1 dose for adults. Children will get 2 doses separated in time.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Testicular Pain After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.