Vacination for Meningitis
Feb 22, 2013
I got vaccinated today for meningitis, and my doctor only gave me one shot and said it last 5 yrs. My friends said they had to get 1 shot now and then another 2 months later. When I brought it up to him he said thats strange to get 2. Is he wrong? I'm hiv positive and undetectable
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
The usual dosing for meningitis vaccine is 1 dose for adults. Children will get 2 doses separated in time.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- White Tongue Sign Of HIV Infection
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Itchy Testicles After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Shingles After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Afraid Of Having Undiagnosed Hiv Infection
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.