HIV and HPV

hello doc i was diagnosed in august and my results were 259cd count and viral load 38000. in November cd count was 419 and viral load 120. and am waiting for the next results on the 25th of this month the issue is that my first paps smear after the diagnoses came back abnormal and a biopsy was done and the results came back that i have high grade dysplasia 'the doc explained it was the lower version of the high grade something she explained CIN1. the doctor said she wouldnt worry about that if i were not hiv positive but since am positve she said i could hold on for 6months and see if it disappears or the abnormal cells around the cervix could be frozen but the problem that she said it might trigger miscarriages downroad and am in my late twenties with no kids or a potential husband. so what advise can u give here. Also i forgot to pick my complera from the pharmacy and may go for about 24hours without medication. can it lead to drug resistance. thanks. your girl from NJ

Hello and thanks for posting.

I agree with your doctor.

CIN1 is the lowest grade of abnormalities and frequently (but not always) resolves spontaneously.

What's key to this discussion is that people living with HIV are at greater risk of HPV-related problems and so (as suggested) getting follow up testing is important.

As for your Complera, missing a single dose usually isn't a problem, but an episode that you don't want to repeat often- so use the case as a time to figure out how to avoid the late pharmacy pick up in the future. Either order the medications earlier, set multiple reminders (on your phone, computer or other calendar), or have the pharmacy deliver the medications to your home.

Hope that helps, BY

Elevated Liver Enzymes
switch from atripla to complera