Elevated Liver Enzymes

Hello, I was wondering what you think of my recent AST and ALT values. For the past couple of years, every 3 months, these have been tested and the values have been around AST=25 and ALT=30. These have consistently been the values and were the values on 12-12-12. However,on a routine test done on 1-29-13, the values suddenly increased to AST=99 and ALT=134. Should I be concerned? I was surprised to see such a spike in just six weeks when all along they were well within normal limits. I did have a cold at the time and had been taking Nyquil at night for 3 or 4 nights prior to the last test, but had not been overdosing the Nyquil, just taking it at night. I'm thinking that might be the cause of the unusual results. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Hi and thanks for posting.

It's very likely that your cold (or perhaps cold remedies) were responsible for the increase in your liver function test values.

It's probably worth having the tests repeated a few weeks after your cold has resolved, just to be sure.

Hope that helps, BY

PEP side effects or HIV?
HIV and HPV