Moving to UK already on Atripla

I am in the process of moving to the UK. I am already on Atripla in the US. Once I move over I am curious if they have a once a day pill similar to Atripla that I can easily switch over to without any problems. Would there be any resistance to medications? It takes some time to get an appointment in the UK I am also scared I will run out of medication before I get a RX to continue my treatment there. Can you help...

Hello and thanks for posting.

You're in luck. Atripla is also available in the UK and there are very high quality HIV care providers there.

If your virus is already suppressed and you should have a gap in your medications, since you'll be stopping all three meds (all in the Atripla pill) at the same time, the risk of developing drug resistance is negligible.

Hope that helps, BY

Newly Diagnosed Question about Resistance Test
Sinus & persistent headaches