Feb 17, 2013
Please help me Doc... I have undergone anti HAV IgG result is 15.370 reactive, anti HAV IgM result is 0.40 non-reactive, HVsag with titer 0.47 non.reactive. please help me to understand the result... thank u in advance Doc.
| Response from Dr. Young
This constellation of tests indicate either prior infection with or vaccination to hepatitis A. IgG is the subtype of antibody that the immune system makes after exposure to a virus, it tends to persist for life. The negative IgM indicates that the infection or vaccination event did not happen recently.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could Night Sweats Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Does Chest Cold Mean I Have AIDS?
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Blisters After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.