Feb 17, 2013
My viral load is "undetectable." Is there a test that can detect the HIV virus still (not the antibodies, but the actual virus)? I know this seems like a silly question but please humor me.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
In brief, yes. HIV DNA testing will detect the latent virus inside of cells, when the HIV RNA (aka viral load) tests are undetectable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Ear Infection A Symptom Of Ars?
- Is Rash A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.