|Spacing of PEP medications
Feb 16, 2013
Hello Dr. Young. If you are advised to take PEP medication for 28 days and you decide to be taking the evening dosage at 5:40p.m whats the exact best time to take the morning dosage? is it 5:40 a.m? please advice
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
I'm assuming that you're on a twice-daily PEP regimen- such medications are not timed so precisely (ie., exactly 12 hours apart), but rather can simply be taken in the morning and evening.
What's key to this (and the usual treatment for chronic HIV) is to not miss the dose, rather than the exact minute or hour.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Alphabetical List Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.