Sleep and Complera

I was wondering is it o.k. to use ZZZquil to help with sleeping or any other sleep aid for that matter? I take my complera in the morning between the hours of 8-10. But when it comes time to sleep at night. I wake up a few times. Also, how soon can you see results or how soon does Complera work to get your numbers to good results. I'm at 15,515 for VL and 640 for CD4

Hi and thanks for posting.

It's good to check on drug-drug interactions before taking any new medication or supplement.

In your case, there's nothing to be concerned about. The only active ingredient in ZZZquil is diphenydramine (also known as Benadryl)- there aren't any drug-drug interactions of significance between diphenhydramine and the meds in Complera.

Indeed, you could also by over the counter diphenydramine pills- probably for a lot less than you're paying for the Nyquil brand name.

Regarding your labs- typically, I'd expect your viral load to decrease by an excess of 95% in the first month, and reach undetectable levels by month 4-6. Your CD4 count is already in a normal range, but we'd expect about an additional ~150-250 cells in a year.

By the way, while it's tempting to check a CD4 cell test monthly or quarterly, so long as you're otherwise doing well, current recommendations are to test CD4s only every 6-12 months.

I hope that helps, BY

alternative to truvada?
Kind of desperate