Erratic Darunavir dosing over a week

Hi Dr Young,

During the past week I have experienced erratic timing of my regimen, principally because of heavy social commitments. I have been undetectable for 4 years and on my current combination of Darunavir(r) and Maraviroc for 2 1/2 years. Until this week, adherance has been perfect. There was a 36 hour interval from Thursday to Saturday morning, in which I had the meds on an empty stomach, and another 36 hour interval to Sunday night, and several +6, +7hr intervals since. This has now stopped, and I am dosing normally, but I am really anxious I have screwed up this combination. I am getting my bloods done in a month because of this episode, but am pretty despondent. What is the liklihood of resistance? Thanks for your time.

Hello and thanks for posting.

I don't think that you have anything to worry about and certainly no need to be despondent.

A 36 hour period of being off on your dosing won't have any real consequences. If only for peace of mind, it makes sense to check your labs in a month.

Be well, BY

OCD, depression, and HIV
alternative to truvada?