Feb 11, 2013
Dear Dr. while having sex my condom got broken. after 15 hrs I took Tenofovir 300mg + emtricitabin 200mg + Atazanavir 300mg + Ritonavir 100mg combination as PEP. Will this combination works for me. Now I am on 7th dose. please advise me on this.
Response from Dr. Young
HI and thanks for posting.
You're on an acceptable PEP regimen- and started well within the 72 hour window following exposure. This is a regimen that should be taken with food (the atazanavir).
Make sure that you complete the 4 weeks of treatment and get medical and laboratory follow up.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is White Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Jock Itch After Vaginal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Runny Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can An Hiv-positive Person Attend Nursing School?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.