Started Complera this week......Advice about taking

Hi Doctors!!I have just started complera this week. I've always had a problem swallowing pills, especially after almost choking to death on one several years back. My ID doc said to her knowledge she didn't think it would be a problem to use a pill slicer and take it that way once I have cut it in half. She did however, say don't crush it. That taking it in half would be ok. But no crushing!!! My question is basically double checking and making sure. I take it in the morning with my breakfast of 2 boiled eggs, 2 turkey sausage patties, 2 pieces of raisin toast,a handful or blackberries or strawberries, and always a banana. I found it easier to take with plain orange juice. Does splitting it in half to take it somehow make it less beneficial. Your input and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and thanks for posting.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no problem in either splitting or crushing your Complera- the reason for this is that none of the medications in the pill are coated in anyway to change their absorption. So, if it helps, do either. Some people find that taking their medications in something like apple sauce or pudding is helpful too.

As for the meal- yours is more than fine. Sounds like you're eating healthy and hearty.

Be well, BY

Relationship and HIV test
Is sarcoid possibly related