didnt take enough medication

I was suppose to take Atazanavir 330mg, Ritonavir 100mg and Kivexa, one of each.I got mixed up and took the first one and kivexa and after that only Ritonavir and Kivexa.Beginning of december 2012 my CD4 was 420 and viral load undetectable. If I start right medication now will I be ok?do I have AIDS?

Hello and thanks for posting.

First, if your CD4 count is above 200 and you haven't had an AIDS-defining illness (like PCP or Kaposi's sarcoma), then you don't have AIDS.

Your right that it's important to take the right number of pills and medications and to not do this is not optimal. I'm unclear from your post as to exactly what the confusion was, but you should be taking 1 Kivexa pill, the Ritonavir and Reyataz (atazanavir) pills- once-daily with food. These can be taken all together, though there's no harm in taking them apart. This is a situation where having a pill box pre-filled (and perhaps checked by your doctor, pharmacist or case manager) can help prevent this from happening in the future.

I'd suggest speaking to your doctor about the possible missed dosing so that he or she can monitor your labs appropriately.

I hope that's helpful, BY

possible mutation or just wrong information.
Relationship and HIV test