Perfect or just OK?

Dear Sir,

I read one of your previous answers where you said traetment-naive patients should get undetectable within 6 month after starting the therapy. I wonder if you could be a bit more specific regarding this.

I started HAART (Truvada + Stocrin) in May 2012 (VL 117,000, CD4 487). After three months I went down to VL 261 and CD4 boosted to 694). In November my VL was 26 (which one year back in my country would be understood as undetectable but now with newer tests we can count as little as 20 copies of the virus) and CD4 some 710+.

My doctor was extremely pleased with the result and said I should get tested in 6 months only as I am doing well. Would you agree on that or should I request to get tested sooner? Is VL26 after some 6 months really that good?

Thanks for your opinion

Hi and thanks for posting.

I'd be very happy with the results of your treatment. You're viral load is hardly detectable, and by many tests would indeed be undetectable.

Indeed, as long as you're doing well and adherent to your treatment, you'd only need to repeat your viral load in six months and CD4 count in a year.

I hope that's helpful, BY

hissing noise and drunken feeling
possible mutation or just wrong information.