Regiment Question

Dr. Young, I am considering changing to a PI regimen, specifically Prezista/Truvada/Norvir, is that okay for someone like me who has been on meds for a few years? I have taken Atripla. Is prezista/truvada/norvir an approved therapy choice for patients who have already been on meds and is it a good option?

Hi and thanks for posting.

The Truvada/Norvir/Prezista is indeed a well-recommended regimen- it's one of the select few on the current US Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Guidelines.

It's a perfectly good option, assuming that you don't currently have drug resistance to the tenofovir/FTC part of Atripla (shared with Truvada) and as long as you have normal kidney and bone health (due to risks of possible toxicity from tenofovir) and can be adherent to a regimen with more than one pill. This regimen should be taken with food.

Hope that helps. BY

Atripla, Purbac and Aspirin
hissing noise and drunken feeling