Drug Interactions: Complera and MDMA
Feb 7, 2013
Would there be any harmful/deadly drug interaction between Complera and pure MDMA?
Response from Dr. Young
I'd be very cautious about the use of Ecstacy (MDMA) and HIV medications especially those that are metabolized by the P450 cytochromes (like proteaseinhibitors, and to a lesser extent rilpivirine- part of Complera). There have been deaths reported in the literature from inadvertent overdoses due to drug-drug interactions.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Bad Will The Muscle Aches Be When You Have Hiv?
- Testing Negative For 5 Years For Hiv
- Sinus Infection Followed By Thrush
- Are Certain Blood Types More Likely To Get Hiv?
- Can Hiv Symptoms Develop After Three Months?
- If I Had Unprotected Sex With An Hiv Positive Woman What Are The Odds That I Am Infected?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.