Treatment Success!..Complera update.

HI Drs..I had a variety of questions relating to starting meds for the first time after 13 years HIV+ and having low neutrophil counts..Well, I am so glad I made the decision to start ART...on commencement CD4 = 600 VL = 27 000 and neutrophils = 0.9...at 4 weeks after starting CD4 = 740 VL = 57 and neutrophils = 3.2. At 8 weeks CD4 = 820 VL undetectable and neutrophils = 3. Most importantly I have had NIL side effects and all my other functions have remained good. Thank you very much for your help prior to treatment! Thought this might help others considering initiating treatment for the first time..It really might not be as bad as you may expect...IF YOU ARE READY!

Hi there and great to back from you.

I'm terrifically happy to hear that you started, have no side effects and have improving lab tests.

We're always happy to know that the Forum is helpful.

Thanks for sharing and stay in touch, BY

V L
Taking PEP