Intravenous ARTs

Are any intravenous ART available for the people who cannot take tablets orally. Is such intravenous doses available for tenvir and synthivan?

Hi and thanks for posting.

There are no HIV treatment regimens that can be fully administered intravenously. There are however a number of regimens that offer pediatric formulations- liquids and syrups that can be scaled up to attain adult quantities.

If you're having difficulty swallowing, it would be good to speak to your care provider about this. First, consider that this could be the result of physiological or disease complications in the throat or esophagus. Secondly, some people actually can benefit (just as children do) in training on how to swallow pills- just as was recommended in our recent IAPAC Guidelines for Improving Entry Into and Retention in Care and Antiretroviral Adherence for Persons With HIV .

I hope that helps. BY

id I need a break time if I change from treatment to the new one
Did I need a break time, if I change from Atripla to the new therapy Trovada Reytaz Norvir