id I need a break time if I change from treatment to the new one

Hello Dr. Young As now I will change my treatment from Atripla to the new therapy Atazanavir, Norvir, Ritronavir, did I can? or did I need, to make a break time between the two treatment?? or should I start immediately?? are there any risk if I stopped for one weak or more?? Thank you in advance for your kind replay.

Unless you're having drug toxicity, we usually prefer to switch directly from one regimen to another. This avoids the rebound in viral load and consequent increase in inflammation, and so on. The SMART study revealed the perils of stopping and starting regimens over the longer haul- including increases in risk of health complications.

This isn't a hard and fast rule, and there are plenty of circumstances (like pharmacy supply or insurance issues) that can lead to a short break between the old and new regimen.

I'd speak to your care provider to get their advice about your specific situation.

BY

HBsAg Non Reactive after 10 years
Intravenous ARTs