After 6 months still not undetectable on Atripla
Feb 3, 2013
Good Day Dr Went for my results today and after 6 months my VL 81 and CD4 701. I am on Atripla. When I started 6 months ago VL was 891 000 (not typo) anf cd4 322. Should I be worried? My doctor said I must go back in 6 weeks and if still detectable she will consider changing meds
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Right now, I would not be concerned, and I agree with your doctor's plan. Sometimes with very high viral loads it takes longer than 6 months to become undetectable. You have have had a great response up to this point. You are very close and another few weeks may do the trick.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- My Vagina Hurts And Has A Strange Smell Could It Be A Std
- Are Red Dots On Tongue And Swollen Lymph Nodes Signs Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.