Best practice when making a change in meds

I'll be switching over from a Kaletra / Epzicom regimen to a Truvada / EFV one. When I reach the switchover point, do I just end one and start the other without a break; or, should I take some time off between the two regimens to sort of clear the system of the former before introducing into it the new latter? Thank you, Doctor.

Hi and thanks for posting.

Unless there are questions about toxicity, I typically recommend switching medications without a break. This keeps the virus suppressed, avoiding issues of viral rebound.

Hope that helps. Let us know how the switch goes for you. BY

Which combo?
Access to Atripla in Venezuela?