neuropathy

I hav herniated disk L 4,-5 for 5 years I. I am 51, have had chemorapy for g Hep c back in 03 n no longer carry virus. I have foot pain on bottom n top of foot covering all most entire top foot n most toes as well as ankle which has progressed over past year. Thr pain is pretty constant while extreme burning.g pain comes on and off thru out the day. Any suggestions as to what I should take for pain and how long may I anticipate this to continue. I am taking gabapentin which does help some and would it sound crazy to say I have periodic pain in my knees as well. Is thus normal.

Hi and thanks for posting.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties- it's not clear from what you've described what the source of your pain (and hence best treatment) is. Certainly the herniated disk could be causing pain, though the pain that is centered in the feet (and ascending) sounds more like peripheral neuropathy.

Seems to me that the best next step would be to have a good neurological assessment- perhaps by a neurologist.

Be well and get well soon, BY

How much food with Stribild
Bilateral deafness