VIRAL LOAD INCREASED

i became positive on 2007, and started taking medication til 2009 cause i was recently infected and the doctor told me to wait until my defenses dropped a little more, on july 2010 my virus load were undetected and my cd4 got better and better, i had a blood test at the begining of 2013 , but i was quite sick until a day before the test( kind of an intestinal infection) and then got the flue , i got the results of my test and my viral load is 57 my cd4 lower a little bit, six months ago i had 761, and now 684, and my cd8 increased from 886 to 1004, my cd 3 remained the same 1705, my question is, will my sickness before the test would affect the results, am i developing more copies and may talk to my doctor to change my medication? thanks on advance

Hello and thanks for posting.

If you were sick when your VL test was drawn, this very easily (and without worry) explains your very low detectable viral load of 57 and minor changes in your CD4/CD8 numbers.

There's no need whatsoever to change your medications; indeed, I wouldn't even repeat the test until your regularly scheduled next visit. Just stay up with the adherence to your current HIV medications.

I hope that helps, BY

Increasing cd4 count with suppressed viral load
How long likely positive?