Jan 22, 2013
Is it ok to take miraviroc in one dose per day rather than taking it twice a day? That is take the two pills in the morning. What are the risks?
Response from Dr. Young
Maraviroc (Selzentry) is approved for twice-daily dosing.
Maraviroc was studied as a once-daily option; in the MOTIVATE clinical trials, when dosed with some HIV protease inhibitors, it seemed to work ok (dosed as 150 mg once-daily).
I'd speak to your doctor about the wisdom of dosing once daily, but knowledge of your current treatment and the risks of virologic failure should be factored in.
I hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.