For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Is it ok to take miraviroc in one dose per day rather than taking it twice a day? That is take the two pills in the morning. What are the risks?

Maraviroc (Selzentry) is approved for twice-daily dosing.

Maraviroc was studied as a once-daily option; in the MOTIVATE clinical trials, when dosed with some HIV protease inhibitors, it seemed to work ok (dosed as 150 mg once-daily).

I'd speak to your doctor about the wisdom of dosing once daily, but knowledge of your current treatment and the risks of virologic failure should be factored in.

I hope that helps, BY

Important question
Should I start PEP treatment?