Misplaced Complera Prescription

I'm a member of Kaiser and currently on Complera. In December, I picked up a 90-day supply in 3 bottles. Now, I just noticed that 2 of the bottles have gone missing. Kaiser might not let me have a replacement, and the cost for a 2-month supply is astronomical (I haven't had a chance to talk to my doctor yet). Is there anything I can do if my doctor is unable to give me a prescription replacement? Should I ask if he can put me on a different regime temporarily, until he can again prescribe Complera?

Hi and thanks for posting.

Seems like the very first thing to do is to speak to your doctor and pharmacist. Should KP not be able to assist with the extra medications, it would be worth speaking to your case manager to see if the Gilead patient assistance program could help- sometimes this might take some extra steps or an appeal, but they've got a vested interest in keeping you on their product.

Also, take a good introspective look into how you're currently receiving and storing your medications. This might be a painful, but teachable moment to help prevent this from happening again in the future.

Good luck, BY

fever and medication
Atripla + Truvada