Stribild and supplements what ones are safe?

Hi I have been on Stribild now for 2 months and before that aripla for 6 years. I also take some supplements. I never had issues with atripla and I know stibild is basically the same med. ( I was switched because of persistant sleep issues with atripla). I can find no information on and kinds of interactions with stribild with the supplements I take. I take 4 supplements daily and my regular doctor does not really address weather its ok or not or if i should or not. I have read hundreds of clinical trials of these supplements and read book after book. and feel these are the best for me to take to go along with my regular meds. I would like your opinion and also let me know if there is any reason I should not be taking any of these with my stribild. Thank you so much

1.Turmeric(curcumin) 2.N- Acetylcysteine 3.L- Glutathione 4. Selenium .. along with fish oil and regular vitamins a (as beta carotine),b,c,e,d,calcium I take the 4 listed everyday and the regular every other day. when diganosed I was at cd4 of 215 and viral load of 600,000 and now I am at cd4 of 756 and undetectable. if that info is needed.

Hi and thanks for posting.

You'll read on these pages that I'm generally not a huge fan of supplements- unless there is a clear and scientifically supported benefit. I usually don't recommend to my patients more than a standard multivitamin, and when appropriate vitamin D and calcium supplements.

There are two basic areas of concern- the first is of the potential for drug-drug interactions, and the second is over the safety of the supplement. While there are many studies about supplements, few convincingly show clinical benefit.

The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine's website gives IMHO the best, non-biased and non-commercially motivated source of information about a wide variety of supplements. I'd suggest reviewing this to see if there's reason to take your supplements.

BY

Root canal question
fever and medication